Welcome to the 468th version of Android Apps Weekly. Listed here are the massive headlines from the final week.
- Sony is working on a monitoring app for its Android TVs. The monitor app works to stop piracy. It could principally block sideloading of apps identified to indicate pirated content material. You may learn extra on the hyperlink, however right here’s hoping it doesn’t intrude with regular sideloading.
- YouTube is testing live TV with a small subset of its customers. It permits you to view stay TV at no cost with promoting assist. The service ought to compete with Tubi, Pluto TV, and Roku. All of these providers additionally provide free stay TV. We count on it to roll out later this yr.
- Google updated its official clock app this week. The brand new clock app makes it simpler to create a customized alarm. It information a sound correct from the app and provides you the instruments to make it an alarm sound. It’s not an enormous replace, nevertheless it makes the app extra helpful.
- Google Podcasts is not having a good time. Lately, it stopped exhibiting up in Google Search outcomes, and it’s being minimized in different areas. A Google spokesperson stated these modifications are regular. It doesn’t spell excellent news for Google Podcasts.
- Google Stadia formally died this week. We wrote a eulogy for the service, so we gained’t go into large element right here. Google additionally launched a tool to transform a Stadia controller to an everyday Bluetooth controller however warns that it removes Wi-Fi performance. Hit the hyperlinks to study extra. Goodbye, Google Stadia.
Dragon Siege: Kingdom Conquest
Value: Free to play
Dragon Siege: Kingdom Conquest is a kingdom-builder with some further mechanics. Gamers deal with build up a kingdom after which defending it towards attackers. There’s additionally the choice to construct a military and assault with them. The sport consists of real-time battles, dragons, and another stuff as properly. For instance, you may as well develop meals, though it’s not a super-intensive exercise. It’s been some time since we’ve seen a sport like this one, and it’s good to see the style nonetheless in growth.
Value: Free / $2.99 per 30 days / $29.99 as soon as
One Sec is a digital wellbeing app that helps you employ distracting apps much less typically. It makes you do a brief respiratory train earlier than opening distracting apps. Apparently, that helps regulate your utilization, relieve stress, and has different advantages. We solely examined it for just a few hours, so we might not have seen the long run profit, however some individuals do. You may attempt it out at no cost, or purchase it for $2.99 per 30 days or $29.99 as a single fee. We advocate giving it a demo and see if it really works earlier than shopping for something.
Value: Free to play
Design Diary is a match-three puzzle sport. The sport features a bunch of ranges for gamers to get by means of. As soon as carried out, they unlock issues they will use to brighten their in-game homes. That’s kind of the gameplay loop. Extra issues unlock the extra you play, and also you enhance as you see match. It’s definitely not the deepest sport, nevertheless it’s family-friendly, offered you have got a password for in-app purchases. It’s playable offline as properly, a rarity for a free-to-play sport.
Myne is a FOSS app that permits you to obtain ebooks from Undertaking GutenBerg. For the unfamiliar, Undertaking GutenBerg is a library of free ebooks. Myne permits you to entry them in app format. The app additionally makes use of Google Books as a supply of ebook information, which is a pleasant contact. From there, it’s fairly easy. You obtain books from the library, learn them, and that’s about it. The choice is fairly respectable for a wholly free assortment, and it’s an excellent supply of free studying materials. The one draw back is that Myne is simply accessible on GitHub, so you must sideload it.
Value: Free to play
Type Grasp is a puzzle sport the place you progress water from one container to a different. The purpose is to unmix the colours and get every container filled with water from one shade. It’s not a tough premise, nevertheless it does improve in issue over time. The developer makes the sport a bit extra enjoyable by not giving the participant penalties for failure and in addition permitting for limitless makes an attempt. It’s additionally a family-friendly sport, and we expect youthful children, specifically, would discover one thing like this enjoyable.
If we missed any large Android apps or video games information, inform us about them within the feedback.
Thanks for studying. Attempt these out too: