Welcome to the 464th version of Android Apps Weekly. Comfortable holidays, and listed below are the large headlines from the final week:
- Our personal Andrew Grush took a superb, exhausting have a look at gaming on a Chromebook. He discovered that it was truly fairly first rate, and there may be some hope for Chrome OS as a gaming platform. Nonetheless, there are nonetheless some kinks to work out, as famous in his article linked above. Give it a learn.
- YouTube announced that it was partnering with the NFL to distribute NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube TV. Google is reportedly paying $2 billion per season for the deal, so we hope loads of individuals discover it attention-grabbing. It is a enormous deal for YouTube TV because it improves the platform’s sports activities alternatives dramatically. Apple was thought-about the favourite to win the contract. We guess the NFL determined to aspect with Google for this one.
- A surprising number of our readers use Chrome OS. We posted the ballot final week, and over 50% of respondents mentioned they use Chromebooks each day. Nonetheless, we additionally assume that Chromebook house owners had been extra drawn to the article than customers of different platforms. Nonetheless, it’s encouraging to see that Chrome OS is alive and nicely amongst our readership.
- Our personal Kaitlyn Cimino wrote an article this week about sleep tracking data. It’s a superb learn, particularly since individuals stress out a lot over such knowledge. Her recommendation is, primarily, to cease worrying about it and let the chips fall the place they might. An excellent evening’s sleep is necessary, however you possibly can’t get a superb evening’s sleep in case you’re all the time frightened about getting a superb evening’s sleep.
- Elon Musk posted a poll on Twitter this week. He requested if he ought to step down as the pinnacle of Twitter, after which mentioned he would abide by the outcomes of the ballot. The ballot ended with 57.5% of respondents saying that they want him to step down. Hit the hyperlink for extra particulars, but when he can’t discover somebody to take over the job, he most likely gained’t step down.
Value: Free to play
Miko Period is an MMORPG, and it has some potential. You begin the sport because the strongest Miko Envoy, and also you’re tasked with elevating the opposite Mikos. The gameplay is okay. You stroll round an open world, work together with NPCs, defeat unhealthy guys, and do your factor. The graphics are additionally pretty common. It doesn’t look nice, nevertheless it doesn’t look horrible both. On the plus aspect, it does have a guide possibility for people who’re sick of all the auto-play MMORPGs which have come out currently.
It’s free to play like most video games within the style, and it’s actually too early to see which manner this one goes. It could possibly be good, or it may flop. We do know the developer ought to most likely repair all the lag points that many gamers are experiencing.
Value: Free / $7-$40
C. Scott Brown wrote about his expertise with reWASD this week. For the uninitiated, reWASD is enter mapping software program that permits you to remap buttons on principally something to do principally anything. It comes with an Android app that, so long as you’re linked to the identical community as your PC, permits you to remap your stuff utilizing your cellphone. The options are huge and too plentiful to checklist right here, so try the article linked above to study extra about it. The app isn’t new, nevertheless it’s nonetheless cool.
North Kingdom is a tower protection sport. Gamers construct a wall to maintain the enemies out so the archers can take out the unhealthy guys. It’s not probably the most difficult sport, and there are a number of methods to win every spherical. You’ll be able to improve your towers as nicely, which provides a little bit of depth. The sport additionally options no in-app purchases, no advertisements, and offline play. It’s not probably the most in-depth tower protection sport on cellular. Nonetheless, it’s positively the perfect free tower protection sport with no advertisements or in-app purchases that we’ve ever seen.
Expiry Date Reminder
Expiry Date Reminder is a straightforward app with a easy premise. You enter issues in your pantry, fridge, and so forth., with an expiration date on them. The app then reminds you when the expiration date hits. The app permits you to add an infinite variety of objects at no cost, and the UI is fairly simple to make use of. It’s also possible to use it with medication, subscriptions, meals, and anything you possibly can consider. It’s a model new app by an unbiased developer, so we don’t understand how secure it’s on each cellphone, nevertheless it labored okay with our take a look at units.
1 Bit Survivor
Value: Free / $2.99
1 Bit Survivor is a roguelike with survival horror parts. It makes use of low res graphics and frenetic motion to maintain the participant engaged. Your purpose is to outlive for 28 days and save your pet cat. Among the sport options embrace offline play, three unlockable character courses, and no microtransactions. When it comes to gameplay, it’s much like many different roguelikes, besides this one makes use of first-person animations for a few of the participant actions. It’s not a lot, nevertheless it provides a little bit of visible aptitude. The sport is reasonable, and we expect it’s fairly good.
If we missed any huge Android apps or video games information or releases, inform us about it within the feedback.
Thanks for studying. Attempt these out, too: