The Google Play Retailer is the center and soul of Android units. It’s the place you get apps and video games, and apps and video games outline your expertise. Nonetheless, generally the Play Retailer likes to behave up. Deleting the app’s cache and information is a typical troubleshooting step in these kind of cases. We’ll present you the right way to clear Google Play Retailer cache and information.
Additionally attempt: Google Play Store not working? Here are some possible fixes
To clear Google Play Retailer cache and information, open your telephone’s settings. Navigate to Apps and All Apps (if crucial) to see a full checklist of your apps. Scroll right down to the Google Play Retailer and faucet on it. Choose Storage & Cache (or simply Storage on some units), and you will find the choices to wipe cache and wipe information there.
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
Learn how to clear Google Play Retailer cache and information
Joe Hindy / Android Authority
Wiping the Google Play Retailer cache and information is a simple and pretty easy course of. It really works like nearly each different app you’ve in your telephone.
- Head into your telephone’s settings.
- Scroll right down to Apps and choose it. On some units, you may additionally must click on All Apps to see the complete checklist of put in apps.
- Scroll down your checklist of put in apps till you discover the Google Play Retailer. Click on on it.
- Faucet Storage & Cache (or simply Storage on some units).
- Faucet the Clear cache button to delete cache or Clear storage to delete information.
- Observe — Clearing storage and clearing information imply the identical factor. The button was renamed to storage, however it nonetheless clears information.
- Professional tip — Clearing the cache will solely clear the cache. Nonetheless, clearing storage will clear each information and cache. You don’t must press each buttons if you happen to’re choosing clearing the storage.
As soon as carried out, re-open Google Play, and it’ll load up recent. In case you’re utilizing this as a troubleshooting step and your Play Retailer nonetheless isn’t working, you could wish to attempt re-installing the Google Play Store.
Up subsequent: How to fix Google Play Store’s “download pending” error
That’s a adverse, Ghost Rider. The cache and information accrued by Google Play embody issues like thumbnails, search historical past, and different such issues. Erasing that information doesn’t have an effect on how the Play Retailer capabilities.
Completely. Observe this text’s tutorial, besides click on on Google Play Companies as a substitute of the Google Play Retailer. Don’t fear, it received’t trigger any hurt.
It mainly simply deletes any junk information that Google Play has. Quite a lot of apps will save issues like thumbnails, search historical past, and so forth. in your cache. Deleting the cache clears out these short-term information. We guarantee you, it’s completely protected.